Friday 20 May 2016

Call for Actor/Actresses 'Alan' Student Feature Film

Fee: Voluntary
Contact Sam Toller (st14727@my.bristol.ac.uk)
I'm planning to shoot a feature film on a shoestring budget over the summer. 'Alan' follows the title character, a 17 year old who feels like he's reached the peak of his life - a stunning girlfriend, great grades, the potential to go to Oxbridge and published writing - but now it's all falling apart around him. A coming of age film in the vein of Woody Allen, with a young yet weary protagonist whose niavety and idiocy seem to outgrow his intelligence and sensitivity. 
I plan to shoot in Bristol and London, mainly during June but also other times. The film focuses on the younger characters, but I will need a handful of older actors to play the adult roles, of which there are four or five. This is unpaid, as it is a passion project and anyone working on the film will be doing so out of a desire to put a great film together. For examples of my work, please visit vimeo.com/samtoller
If you have a playing age of over thirty (preferably over forty) and are interested in being cast in one of the roles (including a suave yet antagonistic proffessor, a comedic driving instructor, a realistic and pragmatic mother and an irritatingly proud dad) please send me a resume, headshot and any links you deem appropriate, and I will send over a script extract for you to read and record! 
Please feel free to ask any questions! I am also keen to get BAME performers involved in some of these roles, although dont let this put you off - I am very open to new portrayals of the characters I have written - I just want to see what people can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment