The Portland Centre are searching for a new PCIM Academic Administrator to work alongside our core team in Rodney House, Clifton Village. If you’re interested, please send a covering letter stating your intent and any relevant experience alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 1st October 2016. A shortlist will be announced thereafter.
PCIM ACADEMIC ADMINISTRATOR
Pay: Negotiable depending on experience
Under the direction of the Academic Director of PCIM Education the administrator will provide administrative, clerical and secretarial services to support the effective and efficient operations including:
To have overall responsibility for organising all PCIM education Study days including IM Diploma, PHCE and MFHom courses and Bristol and Scottish Homeopathy Masterclass Programmes.
To be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Homeopathic Library and sale of books.
The post holder will liaise with health professionals at all levels, both within and outside the NHS, providing the main point of contact for the Academic Department. He/she is an integral part of the academic team and will provide support to teaching staff.
The post holder will also be required to transport all course materials to the relevant course venue and, as such, will be involved in driving and load handling.
1. To provide total administration for all courses and study days
2. To assist in the planning, development and evaluation of all courses
3. To assist in the development and maintenance of the Learning Management System
4. To create, produce and distribute all advertising and course material to potential applicants in the South West Region and the UK
5. To liaise with Regional Advisors, PGEA re: course approval, attendance registers, evaluations, certificates etc.
6. To ensure all exams run smoothly, including to invigilate examinations when required
7. To attend all main study days, transporting all course material, display material, teaching aids, including audio-visual/computers, and text books 8. To provide administrative support to academic meetings.
9. To ensure all fees for the courses are correctly invoiced and banked
10. To purchase and invoice for materials as required
11. To manage all petty cash transactions
12. To prepare annual statement of accounts in collaboration with the Finance Director and ensure all interim accounting is correctly recorded
And other duties commensurate with this role
Whilst the job purpose of this role should remain constant, the duties and responsibilities will vary according to the needs of the organisation. The job holder should therefore retain a flexible approach to the duties and responsibilities and be prepared to undertake such tasks as may be required.