Deadline: Thursday 31 March 2016
The MJR Group are looking for a full time Production Assistant to work alongside our Production Manager to assist with our national venues and international tours.
The primary function of this role will be assisting with artist and venue advancing but duties will extend to other areas within the Production department. While we expect a basic level of production skills, we will provide excellent opportunities to expand your knowledge of the industry through in-house and external events, some of which may fall outside of working hours. Admin experience is a highly desirable quality for this role so please don't apply if spreadsheets terrify you!
The role is based primarily within our Bristol office working Monday to Friday 9 - 5 but the successful candidate will be expected to travel when required to any of our venues for site visits and meetings. If you think you fit the bill and would like to be considered for the role, please email a brief cover letter and a CV to us.
- Personal Assistant tasks - emails, requests, solve issues using initiative
- Finance - Rep Floats - allocating floats for shows, receipt filing etc
- Advancing spreadsheet maintenance with up to date rep info - check data is in place prior to show advances
- Advance smaller shows
- Liaise with promoters for concert info
- Purchasing - riders, supplies- Booking crew & rep rotas
- Hotel & transport bookings
- Complete Artists Itineraries
- Repping at MJR and external venues on behalf of MJR
Skills, experience and attributes
- Familiarity with advancing
- Concert and / or Live Event experience an advantage
- Strong administrative drive
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good numeracy and experience with budget management
- Able in negotiation
- Full UK driving licence mandatory
- Ability to multi-task
- Keep a cool head and work accurately under pressure
- Previous repping experience desirable
*non-exhaustive list. Roles may change, with progression and applicant's skills.