The Bristol Festival Community Group are excited to announce a forthcoming vacancy for a part time Administration Assistant as we expand our team in preparation for 2016’s events.
3 days/ week
£18k pro rata
Contract Jan – August 2016. Renewal then possible on an annual basis.
Deadline: 6pm, Thursday 6th December 2015
Hours/days flexible but based in our central Bristol office, mostly between the hours of 8:30am – 6pm. However some evenings will apply for volunteer meetings, and weekends for the festival events. No incomplete weeks(e.g. holidays) will be permitted from May to July due to this being the busiest time for this role.
Assisting the Operations Director, trustees and other team members in a variety of administration duties to facilitate the smooth organisation of the festival events, including:
- Invoicing of commercial elements, trade pitches, caterers, sponsors and fairgrounds
- Maintaining an accounting system and chasing unpaid debtors
- Making payments using online banking
- Upkeep of an expense reclaim system and petty cash
- Facilitating the sales of catering and trade pitches, answering emails and general enquiries
- Gathering H&S and power requirements from catering and trade pitch holders
- Creating and maintaining databases and/or spreadsheets
- Minute taking and distribution
- Answering incoming email enquiries and phone calls
- General office admin tasks
- During the events you will be responsible for caterer and trade pitch liaison and payment systems
We are looking for someone organised, productive, good at time management, polite and enthusiastic. You will need an in-depth knowledge of excel, translating into google docs for shared working, and other digital systems a plus too. The festivals we run are organised by volunteers from the local community, with a small paid staff team assisting with the administration and commercial elements to enable the volunteers to concentrate on the creative programming and production. You will become part of this dynamic high-achieving team, helping to bring the community festival to life which is a highly rewarding and exciting experience.
To apply please complete the application form by 6pm Thursday 24th December: http://goo.gl/forms/U9LUtXpabj