Monday 28 July 2014

Internships

                                   

Internships are often a vital way of getting your foot in the door. Bristol based student, Mădălina Ciobanu interned at the Bristol post and wrote a detailed account on her blog 

One interesting aspect about her experience is how she gained the internship - Via linkedIn.

"About a month ago I connected on LinkedIn with the assistant editor at Bristol Post, one of the local newspapers (the media conglomerate Bristol News&Media owns a couple of Bristol papers) and I decided to send him a message to thank him for accepting my invitation and introducing myself. I think it might be slightly tricky to approach a stranger on LinkedIn to do this, but it can also be a fruitful attempt... Surely enough, a few weeks later I got a positive reply and the chance to spend three days at the paper."

You can read a full account of her experience on her blog here.

The blog post goes on to chart a day to day account of her time working at the paper and the experience she gained. 

You can follow Mădălina on twitter: @madalinacrc

No comments:

Post a Comment